CentOS LiveCD 6.0 Release Notes
Last updated: July 28th, 2011
Translations of these release notes are available for the following languages :
Simplified Chinese (简体中文)
Traditional Chinese (繁體中文)
The CentOS Development team is pleased to announce the availability of the CentOS LiveCD 6.0 for both i386 and x86_64 architectures. These LiveCD are based on our CentOS-6.0 i386 and x86_64 distributions.
You can get the CentOS LiveCD 6.0 from the CentOS mirrors:
- Filename: CentOS-6.0-i386-LiveCD.iso
- Size: 717225984
- MD5Sum: 95ab0a7f0ea193ebfd9ede3ef33c88ce
- SHA1Sum: bda1bec124f6ee1a33d48f0897f50e66ce1169f7
- Filename: CentOS-6.0-x86_64-LiveCD.iso
- Size: 722468864
- MD5Sum: b1b8270c56609a919d65a54b923a6829
- SHA1Sum: 5a6e90bcad1ac97afb1aa4daafb5a4aa265b1ae8
- SHA256Sum: f7239593e425ea4c26c5292e23b5e284e64779f54af395486cf1fd4b3e6c7f3b
3. Packages and Applications
4. New features
The LiveCD can now be installed to hard disk.
5. Known Issues
The size of the overlay is still limited to 4096 MB on the official Centos Live media
6. Community Involvement
As a CentOS user there are various ways you can help out with the CentOS community. Take a look at our Contribute page for further information on how to get involved.
6.1. CentOS LiveCD project
The CentOS LiveCD project is where the development of the CentOS Live media takes place. Various topics are covered:
- Getting the Live media creation toolset
- Creating an image
- Transfering an image to a Flash drive
- Boot an image through PXE
- Customizing your own Live media
6.2. Mailing lists and Fora
We thank everyone involved for helping us produce this release.
Copyright (C) 2011 The CentOS Project