Migration of CentOS-2 to CentOS-5
Direct Upgrades Are Not Supported
As of 2007-04-12, an anaconda or yum upgrade is completely unsupported. As time progresses we will see what can be done.. but currently the best way to do migrate from CentOS-2 to CentOS-5 is the following:
- Bring up a second system with CentOS-5
- Port over applications and data from CentOS-2 to CentOS-5 looking for application syntax and operational differences.
- Take down old system and move to new system
- Backup the system to alternative media (USB diskdrive, etc).
- Do a fresh install of CentOS-5
- Find out which applications work from old data.