- The Virt-SIG aims to deliver a user consumable full stack for virtualization technologies that want to work with the SIG. This includes delivery, deployment, management, update and patch application (for full lifecycle management) of the baseline platform when deployed in sync with a technology curated by the Virt-SIG.
- The delivery stage would be executed via multiple online, updated yum repositories to complement ISO based delivery of install media, livecd/livedvd/livdusb media etc.
- The SIG will also attempt to maintain user grade documentation around the technologies we curate, along with represent the Virt-SIG at CentOS Dojos and related events in community and vendor neutral events.
- The SIG will only work with opensource, redistributable software. However some of the code we want to build and ship might not be mainline accepted as yet, and would be clearly indicated as such.
The CentOS Virt-SIG wants to build upon the already successfully released Xen4CentOS project. Moving forward the Xen4CentOS codebase will be shifted over to the Virt-SIG resources. We will also need to look at choosing versions of common components, such as qemu, libvirt, etc. that will work for interfacing SIGs and other virtualization components. It would probably be a good idea to carrying the latest KVM for those who want it (but ideally someone from the KVM community would step up and help with the work).
- Still in progress
- Still in progress
This SIG mailing list (centos-virt) is open and can be joined freely.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if you are not subscribed to the list, posts to the list are auto-discarded! This is a long-standing and established mode of operation of all of the CentOS Project's mailing lists.
SIG members are appointed by the SIG team leader, and maintain certain resources related to the SIG (e.g. documentation in the Wiki or packages). Please contact SIG members via the centos-virt list.
Lead: Lars Kurth (irc:lars_kurth)
Xen Maintainer: George Dunlap (irc:gwd)
oVirt: Sandro Bonazzola (irc:sbonazzo)
Docker Maintainer: Lokesh Mandvekar (irc:lsm5)
Meetings are held every other Tuesday from 14:00-15:00 London time starting on April 22nd.
- We hold every meeting on #centos-devel
- Meetings will be minuted and IRC sessions are logged
- To participate, just turn up on #centos-devel 5 minutes before the meeting and let us know you are there to participate
Meeting minutes at 2015-01-27
Meeting minutes at 2014-October21-minutes
Meeting minutes at 2014-October7-minutes
Meeting minutes at 2014-September23-minutes
Meeting minutes at 2014-September09-minutes
Meeting minutes at 2014-August12-minutes
IRC meeting log at 2014-July29-log
Meeting minutes at 2014-July15-minutes
Meeting log at 2014-June3-log
Agenda at 2014-May20-notes
Roadmap and (Action) TODO list
Editing this page
All SIG members should be able to edit this page, if you are unable to do so, please get in touch on the centos-docs list or contact one of the existing members.