Dojo at DevConf.US
The CentOS and Fedora communities will be holding a Dojo on August 14th, 2019 - the day before DevConf.US begins - at Boston University, in the Balcony Room of the George Sherman Union building. MAP. (Look for signage and our greeters at the front door!)
Register to attend. (Tickets are free, but we need you to register for planning purposes. Thanks!)
Schedule of Talks (Tentative)
- 9:30 - Coffee and opening remarks - Rich Bowen
- 10:00 - Keylime - Andrew Toth
11:00 - Up & Running with Centos and Terraform on AWS - Andy James
- 12:00 - Lunch
- 13:30 - Speeding up container builds with Buildah - Dan Walsh
14:30 - NC State's Student Cluster Competition Team @ SuperComputing'19 - Berra Kara
15:30 - Using AppStream for fun and profit! - Langdon White
- 16:30 - Lightning Talks - You!
- 18:00 - Social gathering at The Mead Hall
CentOS Presence at DevConf.us
In addition to the Dojo, CentOS will have a presence at DevConf.us in the form of a booth or table. If you are interested in helping to staff that table, please contact Rich - firstname.lastname@example.org - to volunteer. We'll have a schedule signup page as soon as we know more details about what that looks like.
How you can help
We need your help to make this event a success. Here's ways you can help.
- Promote the event to local businesses, meetup groups, and colleges in the Boston area
- Bring your camera to the event and take lots of photos, for use in promoting future events
- Volunteer to greet people at the door, show them to the right room, and just be welcoming
Using AppStream for fun and profit! - Langdon White
RHEL 8 introduced the concept of Application Streams, known as "modules" in Fedora. Come to this talk to learn about what is new and interesting about modules and how you might be able to use Application Streams with CentOS 8.