Welcome to the first ever CentOS Interlock taking place in Paris, France from Nov 9th to Nov 10th 2016.
Please Note: due to facilities concerns, only people with their names on the attendance list will be allowed admittance. We do still have a few slots open for project contributors, so get in touch immediately if you would like to attend.
The CentOS interlock will run as a 2 day event, with speaker sessions in the morning, interactive and participant activities during the afternoon, followed by a closing keynote on each of the two days. Our broad goals for the event are :
- To lay out a vision for the project, including an execution plan
- Ensure there is good visibility and understanding around the CentOS Project itself, including the sponsorship model, the participant perspective and engagement/collaboration opportunities.
- Recap on where the SIG process has brought us, talk through the challenges in that space and what the next phase of the SIG operations might look like.
- Ensure there is diverse and sustained user participation at each stage of the project work so as to ensure we remain user focused and prioritise activities to line up with user priorities.
During these two days, you will be able to engage with members of the CentOS Board, SIG admins, CentOS Infra team, as well as talk with other users from around the CentOS Ecosystem.
On both days, we will run a SIG Cafe, where anyone interested in joining a SIG, or starting a SIG will be able to sit down with a CentOS Board member, and walk through the entire process in a couple of hours time. Walking away with everything in place, and a good understanding on how the entire process works from content builds to delivery to documentation and support for your upstream project's work in the CentOS environments. These SIG Cafe sessions would also be useful for people wanting to join the CentOS CI infra ( ci.centos.org ), we would work with you through the signup and help get started on the day.
Because we have limited capacity for this event, we are asking everyone who wishes to attend to please register interest, as soon as possible, at : https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/centos-interlock-paris-2016-tickets-26754473350
Speaking & Presenting
Want to speak ? We have slots for lightning talks as well as 30 min speaker sessions on both days. Please get in touch with me at KaranbirSingh ( firstname.lastname@example.org ); We are very keen to hear from users representing various use-cases around CentOS Linux, the SIGs and related resources ( eg. cbs.centos.org / ci.centos.org ). Some of the key focus areas are : sysadmin, cloud, containers, HPC and clusters, documentation, community support, storage, virtualisation, IT in Education, buildsystems, patch management, security, devops, agile operations, toolchains, upstream development, language runtimes, systems architecture etc.
Sessions and Agenda
- Overview of the CentOS Project, where we came from, where we would like to go.
- CentOS Project Services, including an intro and getting started sessions
- CDN / Mirror network
- The following SIGs will be running interactive sessions to talk through their work, their expectations and challenges:
- CentOS Cloud SIG
- CentOS Cloud Instance SIG
- SCLo SIG
- Atomic SIG
- CentOS Core SIG
Venue and Hospitality
We are going to be meeting in the heart of Paris, at the Red Hat Paris City offices.
"Ice House" Red Hat 11 bis, rue Roquépine 75008 Paris
Google Maps link : https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/11+Rue+Roquépine,+75008+Paris,+France/
On both days of the event, we will aim to have a coffee, tea and water available through the day onsite; as well as a catered lunch. If you have specific requirements, please let us know in your registration request and we shall try out best to meet them.
If you are keen to sponsor the event, please get in touch with me at email@example.com