1. About oVirt
oVirt is a virtualization management application. That means that you can use the oVirt management interface (the oVirt engine) to manage hardware nodes, storage and network resources, and to deploy and monitor virtual machines running in your data center.
oVirt serves as the bedrock for Red Hat Virtualization product, and is the "upstream" project where new features are developed in advance of their inclusion in that supported product offering.
To get started with oVirt, you can follow the upstream quick start guide.
The oVirt team is currently delivering RPM packages for CentOS 8 on oVirt site repositories.
2. oVirt and the CentOS Virtualization SIG
oVirt joined the CentOS Virtualization SIG with the following goals:
- have a qemu-kvm package providing live snapshot capability [DONE]
- having latest oVirt RPMs within CentOS for allowing CentOS and oVirt users to work with a single repository. [WIP]
- have oVirt Node as CentOS Spin [DESIGN]
- take advantage of other SIG like the Storage SIG for Gluster support [DONE]
3. Updated Documentation
Please refer to the oVirt documentation