None at this time.
I have been using CentOS for a while now, and would like to contribute to the project in a few different ways. My initial attempt will be with the WebsiteVer2 planning.
List of achievements
- I managed to get a CentOS wiki account set up.
- I actually posted to a CentOS mailing list, instead of just lurking.
- Review the existing CentOS website content
- Create a wireframe of a front page to work from
I work at a University in California. Kind of a generalist; doing a lot of systems administration, some web development, and, when I get the chance, some straight programming.
Web site layout and existing content review
- Home Page (www.centos.org) - Please see wireframe for new layout. This page is currently very busy while holding little to no relevant information.
About ( replaces Information->About, Information->Purpose, and Information->Goals ) - Will need a little bit of re-working, but the content exists.
About->Team (replaces Information->The CentOS Team) - List all the teams and members. Development, Security, QA, Web, etc.
About->Contact Us (replaces Information->CentOS Team->Contact, Contact Us->Development Team, Contact Us->Security Team, and Contact Us->Webmasters)
Downloads ( replaces the existing Downloads and Downloads->Mirrors page ) - Content exists, just needs a clean up.
- Support - Landing Page similar to the fedoraproject.org Get Help page.
Support->Documentation (replaces Information->Documentation) - List the manuals. Should this also point into the wiki?
Support->FAQ - Points into the wiki.
Support->Wiki - Points to wiki start page.
Support->Forums - Points into the forums.
Support->Mailing Lists - Pretty page to list the lists.
Support->IRC - Pretty page with IRC channels and IRC etitquete
Support->Bugs (replaces Support->Bugs->Overview and Support->Bugs->Search) - Landing page with links to Common Bugs, Bug Search, and instruction on how to report a bug.
Donate (move the Downloads->Sponsors section to here) - List how to donate to the project or directly sponsor the project. List existing sponsors. Link to Contribute Section.
- Contribute - New Section. See fedorproject.org Contributors or ubuntu.com Community for inspiration. May just point into the wiki.
WireFrame Concept A
Nothing special. Just a starting point.