Running tests in parallels
I've looked into the possibility of running the tests in parallel, here's some points we need to address if we really need this feature:
1. We need to separate install part from individual tests and make one global install with a list of pkg that can be extended later, this way we don't have to deal with yum locks and thus locking other tests.
Note by tigalch: I once started a script to pull all packages to be installed from the tests (to be found in t_functional/utils/package-install-list.sh). That script might need some tweaking but could be a start to populate VMs with all required packages.
2. We need a dependency/locking system between tests so we don't end up with tests modifying the same file (most likely a config file).
3. Another option is to restructure the tests into categories (or tagging system) and use multiple VMs for running the test suite.
- base OS tests run in VM1
- network-related tests run in VM2
- userland commands tests run in VM3
- system services tests run in VM4
- and so on