Installing CentOS 7 AArch64 on Mustang
This will be a brief walk-through for the install process for installing CentOS 7 on Applied Micro X-Gene (Mustang) ARMv8 hardware.
Your APM X-Gene hardware must have:
A UEFI bootloader. If you have an older uboot board, please refer to the Fedora documentation on migrating from uboot to uefi
- Firmware version 1.15.10 or higher
- Serial console access via null modem cable
Download the boot.iso and dd it to a usb stick.
- Insert the usb stick into the bottom usb port below the network port.
- Boot the Mustang board and interrupt the boot cycle by pressing any key. Select the 'Shell' option at the menu
At the shell prompt, type FS1:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTAA64.EFI # If you get an error here, try FS0: instead.
At this point, you should see the install menu provided. By default, it will perform a network install from the buildlogs repository. If you want to point to a local mirror, you can edit that here by pressing e and changing the url. It may take the installer a little while to load, as the image is around 250MB to download.
- Next you'll be prompted for the VNC or text mode installer. The VNC installer is highly recommended.
- Connect via vncviewer to the provided target, and continue with the install normally.