SIG status: active
Current Steering Committee Chair: MatthiasRunge
Board Member Helping Bootstrap: KaranbirSingh
Provide a unique source for messaging related packages.
- qpid packages
- RabbitMQ + related packages
- Setup documentation
Mailing List and Communication
Preferred coordination and communication is using firstname.lastname@example.org or using #centos-devel on freenode. For emails, please consider to tag the mail by adding [Messaging] to the subject. In the future, if the volume of conversation goes up to a point where its a distraction, we might request our own dedicated mailing list.
We might also request that major announcements like version update and events are announced via the official CentOS formats, including the announce list, social media, irc and other related venues.
We shall also aim to ensure all releases and announcements are pushed via upstream venues, specially those that represent the content being released.
We will request resources as and when needed, however to start up we would want :
- access to generate SIG tags on cbs.centos.org
- ability for the entire SIG members to push packages to cbs.centos.org
- ability to build delivery artifacts ( packages, docs, containers etc )
- ability to engage with the CentOS community at large, via established and new venues
- Support CentOS Dojo's via participation, content and help with running them
- lists, source hosting, rpm hosting, space on mirror.centos.org and buildlogs.centos.org as needed
- ability to leverage established and future relationships that the CentOS Project develops with vendors and ecosystems / verticals.
There will be a core set of admins in our steering committee, who will verify all further requests to join the SIG and a series of committers. Admins might change in due course, and we will aim to maintain a low barrier for commit access. All authorisations will run via accounts.centos.org.
For persons interested in contributing to the SIG, please send a mail to the centos-devel mailing list and announce your interest. We also host regular weekly meetings, please join the meeting. You should be able to see our meeting schedule at https://www.centos.org/community/calendar
The steering committee now consists of:
- John Eckersberg
- Peter Lemenkov
- Ken Giusti
- Justin Ross
- Irina Boverman
Commit access (addition, removal) to the repositories will be decided in the regular meetings. The steering committee will remove inactive contributors in regular meetings. Persons with no contribution for more than 180 days are assumed to be inactive.
The Steering Committee Chairperson should be elected by the group of committers, same goes for the steering committee.
What format, where, and what time do the regular meetings take place?
IRC meeting, channel #centos-devel, weekly meeting (until chosen otherwise). We will decide on a day and time once approved and publish to the CentOS calendar.
Roadmap and (Action) TODO List
- a set of package specs is available at ...
- improve documentation, available at ...
- establish CI
The Messaging efforts started within the Cloud SIG, and the OpsTools SIG wherein it was seen to target a wider audience and therefore decided to move into its own SIG. However, we do have content that was built into the Cloud SIG Tags (same for OpsTools) on cbs.centos.org. Once approved, we will work on moving / removing / re-tagging that content to better reflect its new origin.