Software Collections SIG
SIG Status: Proposed
Board Member Helping Bootstrap: JimPerrin
The Software Collections SIG will provide an upstream development area for various software collections and related tools. Developers can build on and extend existing SCLs, so they don't need to re-invent the wheel or take responsibility for packaging unnecessary dependencies.
- Work with developers to accept contributions for newer software collections.
Work with upstreams like OpenShift Origin and foreman to provide compatibility.
Mailing lists and Communications
Work with the CentOS resources and any discussions around that will take place on the centos-devel mailing list. All work related to SCL, user interactions and upstream development will take place on the existing [https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/sclorg software collections mailing list].
The SCLo SIG will have a steering committee and committers. The steering committee will initially consist of:
- Brian Gollaher
- Honza Horak
- Radek Vokal
- Marcela Mašláňová
New committers and members may be added by the steering committee. Steering committee members may interface with the CentOS board via the bootstrapping board member.
Committer privileges, once earned, do not expire unless revoked by the steering committee.
Roadmap and initial actions
- Define initial package set and deliver binaries.
- Establish git workflow
- Define criteria for contributions
- Provide documentation for community users as well as contributors
- Establish policy/practice for bug submissions
- Set release cadence and upgrade policies