Website Version 2
Wireframes and everything else can be found there.
Notes on the new proposal
Here are some notes on the new proposal (and some meeting notes from a meeting in #centos-devel two weeks ago).
Web site layout and existing content review
This is an example new site layout with pages that will need updating or new content. The existing page(s) are in parenthesis. See the centos.org site map for the existing structure. The News is only found on the Home page. It can be the twitter feed, planet rss, a mix, etc. Estimate total number of pages for the web site to be less then 15 and the rest are links to existing sub-systems.
- Home Page (www.centos.org) - Please see wireframe for new layout. This page is currently very busy while holding little to no relevant information.
About ( replaces Information->About, Information->Purpose, and Information->Goals ) - Will need a little bit of re-working, but the content exists.
About->Team (replaces Information->The CentOS Team) - List all the teams and members. Development, Security, QA, Web, etc.
About->Contact Us (replaces Information->CentOS Team->Contact, Contact Us->Development Team, Contact Us->Security Team, and Contact Us->Webmasters)
Downloads ( replaces the existing Downloads and Downloads->Mirrors page ) - Content exists, just needs a clean up.
- Support - Landing Page similar to the fedoraproject.org Get Help page.
Support->Documentation (replaces Information->Documentation) - List the manuals. Should this also point into the wiki?
Support->FAQ - Points into the wiki.
Support->Wiki - Points to wiki start page.
Support->Forums - Points into the forums.
Support->Mailing Lists - Pretty page to list the lists.
Support->IRC - Pretty page with IRC channels and IRC etitquete
Support->Bugs (replaces Support->Bugs->Overview and Support->Bugs->Search) - Landing page with links to Common Bugs, Bug Search, and instruction on how to report a bug.
Donate (move the Downloads->Sponsors section to here) - List how to donate to the project or directly sponsor the project. List existing sponsors. Link to Contribute Section.
- Contribute - New Section. See fedorproject.org Contributors or ubuntu.com Community for inspiration. May just point into the wiki.
WireFrame Concept A
Nothing special. Just a starting point.
Notes from the discussion on 2011-04-07
- Make discussion more visible on the wiki
- Open project(s) in Atrium so people can subscribe to
- Tasks which need to be broken down
- Show progress
- Collect people who want to do work
- Write out what goes where
- Find a tech solution
- Make contribution process more clear
Need to go into OpenAtrium
- Split page content
- start base design
- Drupal install.
- move wireframe and content review to atrium
- Add pics and start design.
JimWoods suggestions (see above)
- Technical Changes
- Second News section for stuff which needs to linger around
- Current releases somewhere near the top
- Content Changes
Contribute => Wiki (or same content)
Copy GettingHelp from the wiki
- Website solution
- At the moment most knowledge seems to be around Drupal
- LDAP glue
- LDAP conversion from databases