Stuff that we want to change for Website Version 2
- FAQ's should we transition the FAQ's into the wiki to make it easier for more people to get involved?
- FAQ and current HOWTOs in the wiki. Documentation (like the CentOS Docs from PNAELV) should live somewhere else?
- Announcement system that can syndicate the metadata from Updates repositories to always be current
Extract that info from RepoView (if possible)?
- Wasn't there something in yum which was able to export rss?
- Set up RSS for that and "reimport" that RSS into the website (with rawdog or planet)?
- === End Old Stuff ===
- Multilingual / International support
- account migration
- ability to migrate all the content from the existing website, including comments and notes
- integrated auth system (single user for site and forums)
- Spam prevention / Security methods (mod_security, selinux for all apps at a minimum)
- Ad capabilities for google and folks purchasing links.
- Website Designer, Graphics Guy/Gal
Potential Systems / Frameworks that can be used
- A newer version of Xoops ?
- Typo3 ?
Maybe use the wiki for the complete website? Fedora does it as well.
- NOTE: We have had 'slashdotting' problems in the past. Any wiki approach considered MUST have the ability to pull out and put up a set up static pages up to handle load times -- Russ herrold
- Mambo or Joomla
Drupal 7 (requires php5.3, can be managed and deployed via drush http://drush.ws, the drupal shell, so can be interacted with via puppet job runs)